Monday, August 9, 2010

Pork Chops and Potatoes

So, I say to Danielle: Yo, Mama D, can you pick up some meat on your way home today. I have plenty of veggies and sides but no protein. I assumed she would bring home some chicken but who knows, maybe some kind of beef.
Then she arrived with Brittany (who I was so happy to have with us for a few days) and a big package of pork chops... brainstorm, Katelyn, brainstorm.

So I pulled out old faithful and grabbed the sun dried tomatoes.
(I had a jar of sun dried tomatoes left over from making a party dip: inch layer of cream cheese, thin layer of pesto and thin layer of chopped sun dried tomatoes. Serve with wheat thins or sliced and toasted baguette bread.)

a few tablespoons of sun dried tomatoes.
A cup of flour
two eggs
4 pork chops
salt
black pepper
Italian seasoning
1 clove GARLIC (should be in every dinner dish in my opinion!)
olive oil
1/4-1/2 onion sliced
2 baker potatoes peeled and sliced thin (1/2-1 cm thick)

First turned the pan on med with about 2 tbs. of olive oil. (I used to pans at once because i don't have a very large one.)
I tossed in the sliced potatoes and onions and generously salted them. As those started to sizzle I got my pork chops ready. I finely chopped the garlic, mixed it in a bowl with chopped sun dried tomatoes, about 1/2 tbs of Italian seasoning and a splash of olive oil. Then I cracked two eggs into the mixture and lightly beat them in with a fork.
(keeping an eye on the potatoes and onion)
Next, I took the pork chops and covered them in the mixture. In another bowl I had the flour with a dash or two of salt. I placed the covered pork chops into the flour and salt to create a breading that would hopefully keep the moisture in while they fried.
then I made some room in my pans and added a little extra oil. In went the pork chops and dinner was almost ready!

While the first side of the pork browned I cooked some frozen peas with a little garlic salt, margarine and pepper. Peas are Danielle's and my favorite!

I kept and eye on the pork and flipped it as needed to keep the breading from burning. I was able to watch the process of when the pork was done by looking at the bone. (goes from pink to grey)

After about 10 min more I checked one of the pieces and it was ready (white on the inside and pulled apart with fork).

I trimmed off the fat and bone from the pork chop, put a bedd of potatoes and onion on the plate and placed the pork on top and served it with peas and Pillsbury crescent rolls!

Bon a petite!








No comments:

Post a Comment