Monday, August 16, 2010

Twice-baked Fajita Potatoes!

So I still had some baker potatoes that needed cooked. I had just bought some chicken and I had that glorious tub of fresh salsa (which would be gone soon with requests for more.)

So, if you're following, set your ovens to 400.
(serves four)
2-3 potatoes
2 chicken breasts
butter
fajita seasoning (or seasoned salt, pepper, garlic powder)
sour cream
shredded cheese (cheddar, colby jack or the "mexican cheese mix")
1/2 cup chopped yellow sweet onion
(add 1/2 cup chopped red and green peppers if desired)

Cut your chicken in fajita strips (small fajita strips). I suggest cutting perpendicular to the grain of the meat- if that doesn't make sense to you don't worry about it... just cut it to look like fajita strips. If you really want to make it good (this is what i do at least), before you cut it cover the chicken breast in saran wrap and pound it with the flat side of a meat pounder until tender/thin (about 1/2 inch thick).

Thoroughly wash potatoes, use fork to poke holes in skin (about 5 punctures on each side), wrap in wet paper towels and place them in the microwave on high for 4 min. (turn over and re-do until potato is a little soft)
Turn your pan on med-high and use about 2 tbs. butter in pan. throw in onion, chicken and peppers(if desired) and generously season chicken. cook until chicken is all white and golden brown and onions are soft and golden. Remove from heat.

Cut potatoes in half and carefully scoop out center into a mixing bowl leaving some potato on skin to hold it's shape. mix in 1/4 cup of sour cream, 1 tbs butter, and chicken/onion mix into potato. Hand mix (firmly) and ad in desired amount of cheese... I suggest about 1/2 cup. Chicken should sort of break up and that is good.

Use large spoon to scoop mixture back into skins leaving a mound on potato. Cover with shredded cheese. place on cookie sheet and bake for 10 min. Serve with salsa and a side of corn!

Bon a petite!



2 comments:

  1. I think this one might be my favorite. when I get home I am going to make these. wonderful job so far! cant wait for more
    hope these posts mean you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I'm going to try these. Might I suggest pictures? Can't wait to see you. Let me know when you head this way.

    ReplyDelete